We stopped at Cheesecake Factory for lunch last weekend and I almost ordered the Warm Asparagus Salad, but ended up sharing something with my daughter; oh the things we do for these kids! It sounded so good that I decided to make it myself at home. I can’t call this a copycat recipe because it lacks some of the ingredients they used, but the gist of it is the roasted veggies and the gooey goodness of the sunny side up egg. I used what I had on hand and it turned out fantastic, I got two thumbs up from the family. This was super easy to throw together. The recipe made 2 large servings that we all shared, and I paired it with a bowl of warm soup. You could easily serve this for a weekend breakfast or brunch as well.
Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Cherry Tomatoes (about 12)
- 1tlb. EVOO
- ½ Green Pepper
- ½ Red Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel and dice sweet potato into bite size pieces
- Trim asparagus (I roasted my whole and cut before serving)
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half
- Dice both green and red pepper
- Toss all vegetables in a bowl and coat with EVOO.
- Sprinkle in red pepper flakes, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Arrange mixture in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake @350 for 20min or until sweet potatoes are fork tender
- Once the vegetable are done, fry the eggs sunny side up or over easy
- Arrange Vegetables on a plate and place the egg on top
Thanks for stopping by